What are the Articles of Incorporation?

A set of formal documents filed with a government body to legally document the creation of a corporation. Articles of incorporation must contain pertinent information such as the firm’s name, street address, agent for service of process, and the amount and type of stock to be issued.

What are the bylaws of an HOA?

HOA bylaws are governing guides. Bylaws are supposed to be about the government of the corporation. They should cover things like how often you have meetings, how many people are on the board, how often you have to have membership meetings, and what’s a quorum.

What is a CC&R?

If you buy a home (such as a single-family home, condo, or townhome) in a planned, covenanted community, you will most likely be required to be part of a homeowners’ association (HOA). The rules of the HOA community are set forth in what is called the Declaration of Covenants, Conditions, and Restrictions (CC&Rs).

What is a Declaration?

A statement of all the covenants, conditions, and restrictions (CC&Rs) that affect a parcel of land. When recording the subdivision plat, restrictions may be noted on the map or plan or, if numerous, on a separate document called a declaration.


When are dues due and how much are they?
Dues are due February 1.  If you are registered with the website you will be sent two reminders prior to expiration.  The first at thirty (30) days prior to expiration and the second at ten (10) days prior to expiration.
Payments on or before February 1 pay $450
Payments received/postmarked after February 1 pay an additional $50 late fee.

How can I pay my dues?

Online: Click the “Make a Payment” button at the top of the page to go to the online payment portal

Mail: Send your check to the mailing address below:

Title Company/Realtor Information

What fees are due when a home sells?
If dues are not paid, they must be paid at closing. Dues are $450 per year, and pro-rated depending upon the time of year the home sells. Any additional fees (late payment fees and/or property liens) must also be paid.
A transfer/initiation fee of $500 is also due at closing.  All payments should be made to Whispering Ridge Homes Association and mailed to 11064 Whispering Lane, Kansas City, KS 66109.